This professional directory can help you locate a Certified (C.EHSE) or Student (EHSE) Equine Hanna Somatics Educator - everyone listed on this page is a student or graduate of the EHS Professional Training and Certification Program at The Novato Institute, conducted by Eleanor Criswell Hanna.
Eleanor Criswell Hanna Ed.D - Novato, California, USA
Director of the Novato Institute for Somatic Research and Training
Alissa Mayer EHSE-C - Oakridge, Oregon, USA
Co-Instructor of the EHS Professional Training Program
Kathy Sparling C.EHSE - Sebastopol, California, USA
Charter Member, Owner at Windhorse Ranch
Lili Wren C.EHSE - SF Bay Area, California, USA
Equine Wellness Training & Barefoot Trimming
(415) 254-8604 firstname.lastname@example.org
Elise McMasters C.EHSE - Central Coast, CA, USA
(805) 674-2202 email@example.com
Thomas McMasters C.EHSE - Central Coast, CA, USA
Barbara Hadley C.EHSE - Sebastopol, California, USA
(707) 889-1611 Barbara_hadley@att.net
Denise Sousa C.EHSE - Santa Rosa, California, USA
(707) 953-8106 firstname.lastname@example.org
Makenzie Cummings C.EHSE - Vista & Sebastopol, CA, USA
(760) 458-0691 email@example.com
Kathy Kerber C.EHSE - Holland, Michigan, USA
Mikki Fallow C.EHSE - Pembroke, Georgia, USA
(207) 479-6226 firstname.lastname@example.org
Gloria Hester C.EHSE - Tucson, Arizona, USA
(256) 506-7074 email@example.com
Barbara Chasteen C.EHSE - Oregon, USA
Deborah McCusker C.EHSE
Brian Siddhartha Ingle C.EHSE
Michelle Wilson C.EHSE - Calgary, Alberta CANADA
Phyllis Victory C.EHSE - Vancouver, BC, Canada
Dr. Veronica Sinz C.EHSE - Tierärztliche Praxis Lichtenmoor
Graduates who are also current members of the Association for Equine Hanna Somatics Education are listed in bold and have a link to a detailed Bio.
All certified and student members listed on this site have agreed to adhere to the Equine Hanna Somatics Education Code of Ethics (see below). We reserve the right to remove any student or certified EHSE from this directory if they should violate the EHSE Code of Ethics.
EHS Students who have completed Level 3 are eligible to apply for Certification.
Naydra Kauwe - CA, USA
Michele Morrow - CA, USA
Heather Harrar - SC, USA
Kate Ballew - WA, USA
Janet Kaylo - GA, USA
Ruby Moskow - CA, USA
Dyanne Howley - CA, USA
Monica Bennet - CA, USA
Stephanie Johnson - CA, USA
Natalie D'onofrio - CA, USA
Mary Poxon - CA, USA
Alison Scola - CA, USA
Patricia Bowen - CA, USA
Shannon Riley - CA, USA
Cenize Rodriguez - CA ,USA
Ann Adams - CA, USA
Jona Scovill - CA, USA
Sara Soltau - CA, USA
Dianne Adel - CA, USA
Kari O'Brien - CT, USA
Jane Thomas - IL, USA
Danny Burke - LA ,USA
Hanna Conquest - MA, USA
Beth Gillespie - MD, USA
Trish Hechter - MD, USA
Carissa Cooper - MD, USA
Alex Eaton - MI, USA
Miriam Zumstein - MI, USA
Grace Ostien - MN, USA
Christina Patterson-Jones - NC, USA
Jamie Klements - OH, USA
Trixie Delisle - TX, USA
Rebecca Peltonen - WI, USA
Ilse Kemp - UK
Christine Rabie - South Africa
Laura Foxcroft - South Africa
Judith Piggot - Scotland
Fabiana Rusch - Germany
Anette Jung - Germany
Saskia von Hanstein - Germany
Iris Kleber - Germany
Katharina Hartmann - Germany
Becky Sherwood - Canada
Alison Zeidler - Canada
Nenagh McCutchen - Canada
Shannon Bestwick Chase - Canada
Certified Equine Hanna Somatics Educator or Certified EHSE or C.EHSE
Graduates of the EHS Professional Training Program at the Novato Institute. C.EHSE's may work 1-1 with clients and teach groups of horse owners/handlers the basic Somatic Exercises for horses and riders.
Equine Hanna Somatics Educator or EHSE - Students of EHS may use this title, and may practice with clients at their discretion and to their level of education/knowledge.
EHSE-C - Co-Instructor of the EHS Professional Training Program
AEHSE - The Association for Equine Hanna Somatics Education
Please note: Currently, Eleanor Criswell Hanna and The Novato Institute have not Licensed any Teachers of EHS to hold additional professional training courses or offer certification as Equine Hanna Somatics Educators.
This code of ethics provides governance for three main domains of concern:
First, it specifies professional standards which allow for the proper discharge of Equine Hanna Somatics Educators' responsibilities to the clients they are serving; secondly, it protects the integrity of Equine Hanna Somatics® Education (EHS) and the professionally certified EHS Education Practitioners; and thirdly, it safeguards the interests and persons of the clients under the care of Equine Hanna Somatics® Education practitioners.
As a certified or student member of this Association, a Certified Equine Hanna Somatics Practitioner, Licensed Teacher of EHS, or as an Equine Practitioner-in-Training practicing under the limitations imposed upon pre-certified students of EHS, I agree that I will:
• Hold a sincere commitment to providing the highest quality of care to all equines and persons who seek out my professional services.
• Represent my professional qualifications accurately, including education and professional affiliations, and provide only those services which I am qualified to perform by training and experience.
• Inform the general public, clients, and other health care practitioners accurately about the scope and limitations of EHS practices.
• Acknowledge the limitations of and contraindications to the application of EHS practices, and refer clients to appropriate health professionals as needed.
• Provide EHS care only when there is a reasonable expectation that the care will be advantageous to the client.
• Maintain and improve my professional certification, knowledge, and skills through ongoing assessment of my professional strengths and weaknesses, and through continued education and training.
• Observe honesty and integrity in conducting my business and professional activities, and refuse to unjustly discriminate against clients or other ethical health professionals.
• Safeguard the confidentiality of all client information unless disclosure is authorized by the client, required by law or court order, or absolutely necessary for the protection of the public at large.
• Respect the client's right to receive care with informed and voluntary consent. The consent may be either written or verbal and will be obtained before providing any EHS care.
• Honor the client's right to refuse, request modification of, or terminate care regardless of prior consent given.
• Ensure the safety, comfort, and privacy of all clients in my provision of care.
• Exercise my right to refuse to work with an equine/person or part of the body for reasonable cause.
• Refrain, under any circumstances, from initiating or engaging in any sexual conduct, activities, or sexualizing behavior involving a client, even if the client attempts to sexualize the relationship.
• Avoid any influences, activities or interests which might conflict with my obligation to always act in the best interests of my clients or profession.
• Follow all policies, procedures, guidelines, regulations, codes, and requirements put forth by EHS and by any governmental regulatory agencies.
• Practice courteous professional relationships with EHS and allied professional colleagues.
*By entering the EHS Professional Training Program or joining the AEHSE, all members agree to abide by the EHS Code of Ethics. Failure to comply with the Code of Ethics may result in termination of membership and the forfeiture of any membership fees previously paid, and removal from this directory.
Copyright ©2012-2022 Alissa Mayer, The Association for Equine Hanna Somatics Education & Criswell and Mayer Productions LLC. All Rights Reserved. The mark EQUINE HANNA SOMATICS® is a registered trademark owned by Eleanor Criswell Hanna and used on this site with her permission.
Powered by GoDaddy