The only way to become a Certified Equine Hanna Somatics Educator is via this training conducted by Novato Institute Director and Equine Hanna Somatics practitioner Eleanor Criswell Hanna Ed.D., and co-taught by certified Equine Hanna Somatics Educator Alissa Mayer EHSE-C.
The EHS Professional Training and Certification Program is a 3-module two-year course with modules offered each Spring in Novato, California.
After completion of all three modules, students become eligible for certification. Details below.
The program begins with an introduction to the principles of Equine Hanna Somatics. Other topics addressed will be the history of Equine Hanna Somatics, equine anatomy and kinesiology, somatic horse handling, safety, EHS basic protocols, Hanna Somatics for riders and horse handlers, the nature of the horse and learning, herd dynamics, equine neurophysiology, conformation/posture, assessment, equine somatic issues, ethics, legalities, practice building, and others.
Each day will be divided into two sections: The morning will be devoted to hands-on practice with horses; the afternoon will be lecture, discussion, and somatic exercises for equestrians.
Tuition for each of the three modules is $750. Participants are required to have experience with horses.
WHO is this training for?
• Equine Professionals (equine veterinarians and vet techs, massage therapists, bodyworkers, trainers, etc.) looking to add EHS to the services they provide
• Equine Science students or grads interested in pursuing a career as a certified EHS Practitioner
• Human Hanna Somatic Educators (or other mind-body practitioners) looking to expand their practice to include EHS
• Horse owners and riders who are seeking a safe and effective method to help their horses feel and function at their best.
Scroll down for instructions on how to apply to the EHS Professional Training Program
• Three 5-day modules offered once per year in Novato, California
• Each Module is 35 class hours
+ self study assignments between modules
• Somatics by Thomas Hanna
• EHS Session 1 Video by Eleanor Criswell Hanna & Alissa Mayer
Conformation, Posture & Movement Assessments and Palpation
Somatic Horse Handling
Intro Equine Neurophysiology
EHS Core Protocols 1-4
(Ideal, Red Light, Green Light, Trauma/Asymmetry)
Hanna Somatics for the Rider
Equine Somatic Issues
Adv. Equine Neurophysiology
Review Protocols 1-4
EHS Advanced Protocols 5-6 (Thoracic Limb, Head & Neck)
Research & Practice Building
Review Protocols 1-6
EHS Advanced Protocols 7-8
(Hind Limb, Barrel)
Students who complete all 3 Modules are eligible for Certification.
This application will give us an idea of where you feel you are right now, and why you are interested in becoming a Certified Equine Hanna Somatics Educator. Prior experience with Hanna Somatics is not required, however at least a basic level of horse experience IS required before beginning Module 1.
We look forward to working with students across all levels, from those with professional goals to recreational horse owners looking to learn how to do EHS with their own horses, as well as interdisciplinary professionals and researchers.
*COPY/PASTE the list of items/questions below, and type your answers into the email itself after each item (ie. FULL NAME Eleanor Criswell Hanna)
- - -
1. FULL NAME
2. EMAIL ADDRESS
3. WEBSITE/FACEBOOK PAGE (if any)
4. PHONE NUMBER
5. MAILING ADDRESS, CITY, STATE, ZIP
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
8. HIGHEST LEVEL OF EDUCATION
9. DEGREE + YEAR OF GRADUATION (if any)
10. SCHOOLS ATTENDED
11. CERTIFICATIONS (other certifications, skills, training or workshops you feel are applicable to this application)
12. DESCRIBE YOUR HORSE EXPERIENCE (Personal & Professional)
13. DESCRIBE YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH SOMATICS (if any)
14. DO YOU OWN A HORSE? PLEASE DESCRIBE
GOALS & DESIRED OUTCOMES
15. DO YOU PLAN TO COMPLETE ALL 3 MODULES OF THIS TRAINING?
16. WHAT WILL YOU DO WITH YOUR CERTIFICATION?
17. WHAT IS IT ABOUT THE EHS PROFESSIONAL TRAINING PROGRAM THAT 18. INSPIRED YOU TO APPLY TO THIS 2+ YEAR CERTIFICATION PROGRAM?
19. ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE US TO KNOW THAT WOULD ASSIST IN PROCESSING YOUR APPLICATION?
21. HOW DID YOU HEAR ABOUT EHS AND THIS PROGRAM? (We like to know who referred you so we can offer gratitude!)
SUBMISSION - please email this completed application information to: email@example.com with APPLICATION in the subject line.
We look forward to meeting you!
COPY/PASTE the list of twenty items/questions, and type your answers into an email.
Please complete each item on the application, and answer any questions in detail.
Submit your application via email to: Training@equinehannasomatics.org
In the Subject line type: APPLICATION
- - -
We will be in touch once we have had the opportunity to process and review your application.
Once your application is approved, a telephone interview is necessary for acceptance into the program. If you are accepted into the program, a $200 deposit is due in advance.
Please mail payment to: Novato Institute 1516 Grant Ave., #212, Novato, CA 94945. We will mail you a confirmation card.
Checks received after the training is full will be mailed back to you. For late registration, please phone to see if there is space available. (415) 897-0336
Copyright ©2012-2020 Alissa Mayer & Criswell and Mayer Productions LLC - All Rights Reserved. The mark EQUINE HANNA SOMATICS® is a registered trademark owned by Eleanor Criswell Hanna and used on this site with her permission.
Powered by GoDaddy Website Builder