The only way to become a Certified Equine Hanna Somatics Educator is via this training conducted by Novato Institute Director and Equine Hanna Somatics practitioner Eleanor Criswell Hanna Ed.D., and co-taught by certified Equine Hanna Somatics Educator Alissa Mayer EHSE-C.
The EHS Professional Training and Certification Program is a 3-module two-year course with modules offered each Spring. (Due to Covid-19, we are currently offering the program online only).
After completion of all three modules, students become eligible for certification. Details and application instructions below.
The program begins with an introduction to the principles of Equine Hanna Somatics. Other topics addressed will be the history of Equine Hanna Somatics, equine anatomy and kinesiology, somatic horse handling, safety, EHS basic protocols, Hanna Somatics for riders and horse handlers, the nature of the horse and learning, herd dynamics, equine neurophysiology, conformation/posture, assessment, equine somatic issues, ethics, legalities, practice building, and others.
Each day will be divided into two sections: The morning will be lecture, discussion, and somatic exercises for equestrians; the afternoon devoted to hands-on practice with horses.
Tuition for each of the three modules is $1000 USD. Participants are required to have experience with horses.
WHO is this training for?
• Equine Professionals (equine veterinarians and vet techs, massage therapists, bodyworkers, trainers, etc.) looking to add EHS to the services they provide
• Equine Science students or grads interested in pursuing a career as a certified EHS Practitioner
• Human Hanna Somatic Educators (or other mind-body practitioners) looking to expand their practice to include EHS
• Horse owners and riders who are seeking a safe and effective method to help their horses feel and function at their best.
Enter your name and email address below to get on our email list to keep in touch!
• Three 5-day modules offered once per year in Novato, California &/or Online
• Each Module is 35 class hours
+ Self Study assignments between modules
+ Optional 3 hour Canine Hanna Somatics® Workshop
• Somatics by Thomas Hanna
• EHS Session 1 Video by Eleanor Criswell Hanna & Alissa Mayer
Conformation, Posture & Movement Assessments and Palpation
Somatic Horse Handling
Intro Equine Neurophysiology
EHS Core Protocols 1-4
(Ideal, Red Light, Green Light, Trauma/Asymmetry)
Hanna Somatics for the Rider
Equine Somatic Issues
Adv. Equine Neurophysiology
Review Protocols 1-4
EHS Advanced Protocols 5-6 (Thoracic Limb, Head & Neck)
Research & Practice Building
Review Protocols 1-6
EHS Advanced Protocols 7-8
(Hind Limb, Barrel)
Students who complete all 3 Modules are eligible for Certification.
Copyright ©2012-2021 Alissa Mayer, The Association for Equine Hanna Somatics Education & Criswell and Mayer Productions LLC. All Rights Reserved. The mark EQUINE HANNA SOMATICS® is a registered trademark owned by Eleanor Criswell Hanna and used on this site with her permission.
Powered by GoDaddy